Accountant job description example
Accountant Role Summary
As an Accountant, you’ll be responsible for accounting and administrative tasks within the business. You will work with other members of the finance team to provide a full range of financial services including management accounts, VAT returns and bank reconciliations. Your role will also include payroll administration as well as ensuring that all bills are paid on time and in full.
– Prepares financial statements and related reports for the tax year.
– Documents and maintains accounts payable, accounts receivable, and inventory records.
– Manages P&L to ensure cash flow reporting is accurate and that all transactions are recorded accurately.
– Completes tax returns for the company and prepares monthly financial statements.
– Maintains bank account balances and performs reconciliations of various accounts as required.
– Schedules, monitors, and controls travel and expense reports.
– Monitors financial statements to ensure proper accounting and reporting procedures are followed.
– Ensures that all transactions are properly recorded, authorized, and reflected in the books and records of the company.
– Manages the month-end close process.
– Prepares monthly payroll for all employees.
– Ensures all accounts receivables are paid on time.
– Serves as a liaison between the CFO and the CEO.
– Provides support for special projects assigned by the CFO.
– Ensures all legal requirements are met.